Some Brother toner cartridges may need to be manually reset after replacement. If you recently installed a new cartridge and the "replace toner" cartridge message won't clear from your printer's display, you may need to reset the cartridge. Once you've reset the toner cartridge you can print without interruption for the full life of the cartridge. The instructions below work for the Brother HL-L2350DW and HL-L2370DW printers. If you own a different Brother printer, you will need to consult your printer manual for further instructions. To learn how to replace at TN-730 or TN-760 toner cartridge click here.
1. Open up the front cover of the printer and remove the toner cartridge. The toner cartridge and drum will come out of the printer as one unit. Do not remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit during this process, keep them intact! Reinstall the cartridge into the machine and close the front cover
2. Wait for about 10 seconds, then press the "Back" and the "Go" button at the same time for 1-2 seconds
3. Release both buttons and then press the back button again
4. The printer screen will display TNR-STR. Press the down arrow to display TNR-STD and press it again to display TNR-HC.
- TNR-STR stands for "toner starter cartridge", which is the cartridge that comes with your new printer
- TNR-STD stands for "toner standard cartridge", which is the TN-730 cartridge.
- TNR-HC stands for "toner high capacity", which is the TN-760 cartridge.
Make sure you select the appropriate cartridge version, depending on what cartridge you've installed.
5. To make your selection, press "OK". Then select the "Down" button to make the printer accept your selection.
6. Close up the front cover and you are all set. The "replace toner" message should clear and you can continue printing!