If you are replacing a Brother DR-730 drum unit for the first time, you will need to reset the drum counter to continue printing. Your printer uses a page counter to track usage so it knows approximately when it’s time for or a replacement and that count has to be manually reset every time you replace the drum. If you are wondering how to replace the drum unit, click here.
The instructions below work for the Brother HL-L2350DW and HL-L2370DW printers. If you own a different Brother printer, you will need to consult your printer manual for further instructions.
1. Turn on the printer and make sure the front cover is closed
2. Hold down the “OK” button and the “Up / Plus” arrow button at the same time
3. The printer display will ask if you want to reset the drum unit
4. Select the down button and the display will read “Accepted”. Now you can start printing again!
If you want to check that the drum unit is reset you can recheck the drum levels
1. Scroll down to “Machine Info” by using the "Down / Minus" button, then press “OK”
2. Scroll down to “Parts Life” and press “OK”
3. Scroll down to “Drum Life” and press “OK” and you’ll see that the drum life is back to 100%