Reverting the firmware may allow your Epson printer to work with the previous version of your firmware before the firmware update occurred*. After you revert the printer to the previous version, you can continue to print with your compatible Epson cartridges. The following instructions work for Epson Expression XP-330, XP-340, XP-430, XP-434, XP-440, and XP-446 series printers. If you have a different Epson printer, you will need to find a different installer for your printer series in order to revert the firmware.
- Turn off the printer. While the printer is off, press and hold the “home” “power” “left arrow” and “cancel” buttons at the same time until the ROM menu appears on your printer’s display.
- Download and run the installer for the previous version of the firmware update
Epson XP-330 printer series: https://www.latestprinterdrivers.com/goto/aHR0cHM6Ly9mdHAuZXBzb24uY29tL2RyaXZlcnMvZXBzb24xNzc1Ny5leGU=
Epson XP-430 printer series: https://www.latestprinterdrivers.com/goto/aHR0cHM6Ly9mdHAuZXBzb24uY29tL2RyaXZlcnMvZXBzb24xNzc2NS5leGU=
- Click “Next”
- Agree to terms and click “Next”
- Click “Next”
- A message will pop up asking if you want to override the latest firmware update. Select “Yes” to override the latest firmware and replace it with the previous version.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE POWER TO THE PRINTER DOES NOT GET INTERRUPTED DURING THIS PROCESS, OTHERWISE THE PRINTER MAY BE PERMANENTLY DAMAGED.
- Click “Start”
- Let the program run until the pop up displays “Finish”. When it is complete, click “Finish” on the pop-up screen. The printer display screen will read “Finished!”
- Disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer and then plug it back in. Power the printer back on.
- A “wrong ink tanks” message may appear on your printer’s display screen after the installation is complete. To clear this message, remove the cartridges and reinstall them, then you can continue printing with your compatible 288XL printer cartridges again.
*Reverting your printer firmware may affect other functionality. Please see your printer support page for more details.