If your Canon ink cartridges are not printing as expected and you are getting streaky or light prints, you can try running the cleaning function on your PIXMA printer to fix the issue. This cleaning function cleans the printhead inside your printer, which works with your printer cartridges to create a print. Running the cleaning function on a PIXMA printer is easy and you can do it right on your printer's display screen!
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and paper is in the paper tray
2. Select the set up icon on the display screen
3. Then, select "Maintenance"
4. Select “Cleaning” and then select “Yes”. The printer will run through the cleaning process for 1-2 minutes.
5. After the cleaning process is complete, your printer will ask if you want to print the nozzle check pattern. Select "yes" and the printer will print out a nozzle check or print diagnostics page.
6. If the nozzle check patterns appear full, the cleaning worked and you can continue to use your printer. If the pattern is faint or broken, you may need to run the cleaning function again.
Sample of a good print quality diagnostics page
Sample print quality diagnostics report with the black cartridge streaking
Sample print quality diagnostics report with the magenta color missing
We recommend running the cleaning cycle 1-2 times if you aren't getting the print quality you want. Some Canon PIXMA printers also have a "Deep Cleaning" option that you can also try. Keep in mind, cleaning the printhead does deplete some of the ink in your cartridges.
If you have any questions about your Canon printer or your cartridges, give us a call! Our customer service team would be glad to help!
Give us a call at 888-321-2552, or chat with us through Live Chat!
Customer service hours are 6am-6pm, PST, Monday-Friday and 7am-4pm, PST, Saturday.