Installing an Epson 786 or Epson 76XL high yield cartridge is easy. Here, we cover the process in 9 simple steps. These cartridge instructions work for the following printers:
1. Turn on the printer.
2. If an ink cartridge is low on ink a replacement message should appear on the printer display. Make a note of which cartridge need to be replace.
3. Open the front cover and gently push on the cartridge that you want to remove.
3. Gently pull out the cartridge and pull up to remove it from the printer.
4. Open up the new cartridge over a trash can. Sometimes ink can escape from the cartridge during this process, which is why we recommend the trash can!
5. While you are opening the cartridge, be careful not to touch the gold contact points on the side of the cartridge. These contacts are very sensitive and if you accidentally touch them with your fingers or if dust gets on them, you may get a faulty reading on your printer display. If you do accidentally touch the contacts you can wipe them with a lint-free cloth.
7. Slide the new cartridge into the correct cartridge slot until it clicks into place.
8. Close the front cover.
9. The printer will initialize for a few moments and then you can start printing!