Installing an Epson 200 or Epson 200XL high yield cartridge is easy. Here, we cover the process in 9 simple steps. These cartridge instructions work for the following printers:
1. Turn on the printer
2. If an ink cartridge is low on ink a replacement message should appear on the printer display. Make a note of which cartridge need to be replace, press the "OK" button and then press "1".
3. If you want to replace a cartridge before that message appears, you can! Just press the "menu" button and then use the arrow buttons to select "Maintenance". Then select "Ink Cartridge Replacement" and press the "OK" button.
4. Lift up the scanner unit and wait for the cartridges to stop moving.
3. Gently pull out the cartridge and pull up to remove it from the printer.
4. Open up the new cartridge over a trash can. Sometimes ink can escape from the cartridge during this process, which is why we recommend the trash can!
5. Remove the yellow tape on the cartridge. This will expose the vent hole on the side of the cartridge, which allows it to function properly inside the printer
6. While you are opening the cartridge, be careful not to touch the gold contact points on the side of the cartridge. These contacts are very sensitive and if you accidentally touch them with your fingers or if dust gets on them, you may get a faulty reading on your printer display. If you do accidentally touch the contacts you can wipe them with a lint-free cloth.
7. Install the new cartridge into the correct cartridge slot and push down until it clicks into place.
8. Lower the scanner unit. and select the "OK" button.
9. The printer will initialize for a few moments and then you can start printing!