Sometimes when you install a compatible cartridge, a “non-genuine” error message will appear on your printer’s display.
This message should not prevent you from using your cartridges! You can click “OK” or “continue"to bypass the message and print as expected with your cartridges. If you clear the message and are still having trouble with your cartridges, you may need to try some additional troubleshooting steps:
Reset the printer
1. Power down the printer and unplug it from the wall for about a minute
2. Plug it back in, power it back up and try printing again.
Remove and reinstall the printer cartridges
1. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the cartridges to move to the left side of the machine.
2. Push on the cartridge to remove it from the slot and take it out of the printer.
3. Repeat the process for the other cartridges and close the access door. Then, reinstall the cartridges and try printing again.
Clean the printer cartridge contacts
1. Remove the cartridges from the printer.
2. Wipe down the gold contact point on the bottom of the each cartridge with a lint-free cloth
3. Reinstall the cartridges into the machine.
If these troubleshooting steps did not work, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.
There are three easy ways to reach customer service:
Our call center hours are Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. PST and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST.