The Brother drum unit is a separate consumable that typically should be replaced after the use of 3 or 4 toner cartridges. If you own a Brother laser printer and you are getting a "Replace Drum" message on your machine's display, it might be time to get a new drum. Your printer uses a page counter to track usage, which must manually be reset every time a new drum unit is installed. Replacement instructions vary depending on what printer model you have. Check your printer's user guide for specific replacement instructions for your machine. These can be accessed on Brother’s website. Here, we provide replacement and reset instructions for the Brother MFC-L2750DW. This printer works with Brother TN-730 and TN-760 toner cartridges and the DR-730 drum unit.
First, you will need to remove the old drum and replace it with the new one.
How to replace the drum unit:
- Make sure that the printer is on and press open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
- Click the toner cartridge into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left a couple of times.
- Install the toner cartridge and drum back into the printer.
Once the new drum is replaced, you will need to reset the drum counter:
- The printer should be on.
- Close the front of the printer and then press the “X” button
- Then press and hold the black vertical rectangle button on the display screen for 5 seconds
- Press [Drum] and then press [Yes]
- Press the home button and then you can start using your new drum.