Installing a toner cartridge in your Brother HL-L2350DW is tricky for most new printer owners. Here, we will walk you through all the basics, including how to check the toner levels on your machine and offer a break down of the installation step by step. The HL-L2350DW is a budget-friendly monochrome machine that is perfect for home offices or small businesses with moderate printing needs. Check out our instant installation video directly below, or, keep reading to learn more about your printer and the TN-730 cartridge series.
The Brother HL-L2350 DW is compatible with a couple of different toner cartridges. The TN-730 standard yield cartridge is a great option for occasional printer users, printing approximately 1,200 pages. The TN-760 is a high yield cartridge, printing 3,000 pages and is best for frequent printer users. Either cartridge works with your printer. The cartridges are identical in size, the only difference being the amount of toner that is included inside each cartridge. Another consumable that regularly needs to be replaced is the DR-730 drum unit. Designed to handle approximately 12,000 prints, it can typically run through 3-4 toner cartridges before it needs to be replaced. To learn more about how the toner cartridge and drum unit work together to produce a print, check out our guide here.
TN-730 Standard Yield Toner
Page Yield: 1,200 Pages
TN-760 High Yield Toner
Page Yield: 3,000 Pages
DR-730 Drum Unit
Page Yield: 12,000 Pages
Save on Printing with LD Brand Compatibles
LD carries a compatible version of the TN-730, TN-760 and DR-730, offering a comparable print quality and page yield to the original Brother brand, at an affordable price. Our compatible cartridges are designed to work seamlessly with your Brother HL-L 2350 DW printer and best of all, they are backed by an industry-leading lifetime guarantee. Check out the installation process for our compatible TN-760 toner cartridge below!
How to Check the Toner Cartridge Levels
If your toner is running low your printer will let you know with a "replace toner" message on the display screen. You can also check your cartridge life manually by pulling up the toner levels on the machine. Check out the steps below!
- Select the minus button on your printer to scroll through the printer menu.
- Scroll down to “Machine Info” and press “OK”
- Scroll three more times to “Parts Life” and press “OK”
- “Toner Life” will pop up on the screen, press “OK” again
- The toner levels will display on the screen. If the bar is blank, it means the toner levels are completely depleted and it’s time to replace your cartridge. If the bar is black, you can keep printing with your cartridge.
How to Install the Brother TN-730 Toner Cartridge
If you didn’t catch our installation video at the top of the page, we've included the installation steps again here for quick reference:
- Open up the cartridge door on the front of the printer.
- Remove the toner and drum unit from the printer. These two parts will come out connected together as one piece.
- Place the toner/drum unit on a flat surface.
- To remove the toner from the drum unit, pull down on the small green tab on the left side of the drum.
- The toner will release and you can gently pull it away from the drum.
- Set the drum aside. You will need it to install the new toner cartridge.
- Unpack your new toner. Be sure to remove the orange protective clip from the cartridge before installation.
- Gently rock the cartridge back and forth over a trash can a few times to prep the toner.
- Grab your drum unit again, gently pull back on the green tab and slide the new toner into the drum unit.
- Slide both parts back into the printer, close up the front cover and you’re ready to start printing.