Brother toner cartridges are typically available in a couple of different cartridge sizes. If you own any of the printers listed below, you can use either a TN-820, TN-850 or TN-880 toner cartridge in your machine. The TN-820 is the standard yield version of the printer cartridge and prints approximately 3,000 pages. The TN-850 is a high yield cartridge, printing 8,000 pages and the TN-880 is the super high yield cartridge and prints 12,000 pages. All of these toners are compatible with your printer and the installation process is identical, no matter which one you purchase!
The TN-820 / TN-850 / TN-880 toner cartridges work with the following printers:
Brother DCP-L6600DW / HL-L6200DW / HL-L6200DWT / HL-L6250 DN / HL-L6250DW / HL-L6300 DWT / HL-L6300DW / HL-L6400DW / HL-L6400DWG / HL-L6400DWT / HL-L6400DWX / MFC-L6700DW / MFC-L6750DW / MFC-L6800DW / MFC-L6900DW / MFC-L6900DWG / MFC-L6900DWX
To replace your toner cartridge, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the printer and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the printer.
- Release the toner cartridge from the drum assembly by pushing down on the green lock lever on the left side of the unit.
- Unbox the new toner and remove the orange protective cover.
- Slide the new toner into the drum assembly so it clicks into place.
- Install the complete unit back into the printer and close up the front cover.
Looking to replace the DR-820 drum unit? Check out our quick guide here.