Brother toner cartridges are typically available in a couple of different cartridge sizes. If you own any of the printers listed below, you can use either TN-431 or TN-433 toner cartridges in your machine. The TN-431 series is the standard yield version and includes a black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartridge. The TN-431 black cartridge prints approximately 3,000 pages and the TN-431 color cartridges print approximately 1,800 pages per cartridge. The TN-433 series are high yield cartridges, with the black printing 4,500 pages and each color cartridge printing 4,000 pages. All are compatible with your machine and the installation process is identical, no matter which one you purchase!
The TN-431 / TN-433 toner cartridges work with the following printers:
Brother HL‑L8260CDW / HL‑L8360CDW / HL‑L8360CDWT
To replace your toner cartridge, follow these simple steps:
- Press the release button on the front cover to open the front of the printer.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit and gently pull the unit out.
- To unlock the toner cartridge, hold the handle of the cartridge and push it away from you. Once it is unlocked, pull the toner up and out to remove it from the drum unit.
- Slide the green tab from left to right a few times to clean the corona wire.
- Unbox the new toner cartridge and remove the orange protective cover.
- Install the toner cartridge into the drum unit and pull it towards you until it clicks into place.
- Using the green handle, slide the drum unit back into the printer so it locks in place.
- Close up the front cover of the machine.
Looking to replace the DR-431CL drum unit? Check out our quick guide here.