Brother toner cartridges are typically available in a couple of different cartridge sizes. If you own any of the printers listed below, you can use either a TN-630 or TN-660 toner cartridge in the machine. The TN-630 is the standard yield version and prints approximately 1,200 pages. The TN-660 is a high yield cartridge and prints 2,600 pages. Both are compatible with your machine and the installation process is identical, no matter which one you purchase!
The TN-630 and TN-660 toner cartridges work with the following printers:
Brother DCP‑L2520DW / DCP‑L2540DW / HL‑L2380DW / MFC‑L2680W / MFC‑L2685DW / MFC‑L2700DW / MFC‑L2705DW / MFC‑L2707DW / MFC‑L2720DW / MFC‑L2740DW
To replace your toner cartridge, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the printer and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the printer.
- Release the toner cartridge from the drum assembly by pushing down on the green lock lever on the left side of the unit.
- Unbox the new toner and remove the orange protective cover.
- Slide the new toner into the drum assembly so it clicks into place.
- Install the complete unit back into the printer and close up the front cover.
Looking to replace the DR-630 drum unit? Check out our quick guide here.