The waste toner bottle catches any excess toner residue that can remain on the drum inside your laser printer. Without it, toner powder can collect in the printer and negatively affect print quality. Laser printers with a waster toner bottle use a sensor to track the toner waste level, notifying you when it is time for replacement. Not all printer models use a waste toner bottle. Some toner cartridges have a section built into the cartridge that catches the toner, so every time you replace a cartridge, you are also getting rid of toner waste. Check the list of compatible printing supplies for your particular printer model to see if your machine uses a waste toner bottle. If a waste toner bottle is not mentioned, then it is likely a part of the toner cartridge.
Articles in this section
- How to install an Epson 200 ink cartridge
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- Do I need to remove any tape from a new cartridge?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?
- Why is my cartridge printing blank pages?
- Why is my cartridge not clicking into the cartridge slot?
- Printhead Cleaning Tips for an Inkjet Printer
- How can I unclog a printhead?