Place the clogged cartridge in about ¼ - ½ inch of warm water for a few minutes. When you see the ink start to slowly leak out, take the cartridge out of the water and dry it using a soft cloth or Q-tip. Place the cartridge back inside your printer and run the print head cleaning utility that comes with your printer software. You may have to run the print head cleaning function 2-4 times before print quality is reestablished. If your print head is damaged you will have to buy a new cartridge, as print heads cannot be repaired.
Articles in this section
- Top College Printers 2017
- 4 Perfect Printers for Families
- Best Printers for Teachers
- 6 Tips for Proper Cartridge Care
- Inkjet or Laser Printer: Which is Right for You?
- Save More with these Popular Cartridges
- A Quick Guide to Brother® Monochrome Toners
- Top-Rated Crafting Printers
- How to Install Epson® 202 Ink Cartridges
- Best Wedding Invitation Printers