Place the clogged cartridge in about ¼ - ½ inch of warm water for a few minutes. When you see the ink start to slowly leak out, take the cartridge out of the water and dry it using a soft cloth or Q-tip. Place the cartridge back inside your printer and run the print head cleaning utility that comes with your printer software. You may have to run the print head cleaning function 2-4 times before print quality is reestablished. If your print head is damaged you will have to buy a new cartridge, as print heads cannot be repaired.
Articles in this section
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Printhead Cleaning Tips for an Inkjet Printer
- How can I get dried ink out of my inkjet print head so I can continue to print?
- Why am I getting an error message when I install my new cartridge?
- Why does it say my cartridge is empty when I install it?
- How can I fix my laser printer’s streaking issue?
- How do I fix a "replace drum" message on my Brother laser printer?