A printer driver is software that comes with your printer. Once installed on your computer, drivers covert the information that different programs make into printable formats for your printer. Without drivers, printers wouldn’t know how to resize and reorganize information from webpages to fit onto whatever size of paper that you use in your printer. Printer drivers are basically there to tell your printer how to make what you end up seeing on the page look as close as possible to what you see on your screen. When you are installing your printer for the first time or trying to resolve a printer issue, your printer may ask you to download the printer driver. You can find the printer driver download on your printer manufacturer’s website. To locate the correct driver, simply search for it on your preferred search engine, for example, searching “HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer driver” brings up the appropriate driver for that printer series. Once you’ve downloaded the driver, run the program so it installs properly on your printer.
Articles in this section
- Why is my ink cartridge low?
- How do I contact customer service?
- Will I get the same print quality with compatible cartridges?
- How much can I save with compatible cartridges?
- How can I recycle my cartridges?
- How can I leave a review of my purchase?
- What are remanufactured and compatible cartridges and how do they differ from OEM's?
- Can I contact customer service after business hours?
- Where is your store located? Can I buy my cartridges there?
- Do you offer business contracts?