Ink cartridges can dry out if they are sitting idle in your printer for an extended period of time. The best way to prevent an ink cartridge from drying out is by running a small print job every week, this keeps your cartridge primed. Be sure to print something with all four cartridge colors (black, cyan, magenta and yellow) in order to keep all of the cartridges primed. If you haven't printed in a while, run the printhead cleaning function on the printer. This is another way to prime your cartridges, and will likely get them working again. You may need to run the printhead cleaning a couple of times to get the best results. Toner cartridges use a dry plastic toner powder to produce a print, so the do not dry out like an ink cartridge, but they can clump.
Articles in this section
- What are LD InkPods?
- My printer is offline (Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooting)
- How to Add a Printer on a Mac
- How do I contact customer service?
- Will I get the same print quality with compatible cartridges?
- How much can I save with compatible cartridges?
- How can I recycle my cartridges?
- How can I leave a review of my purchase?
- How do you know what kind of ink to get for your printer?
- Can you install two black ink cartridges in a printer?