The chip on a printer cartridge helps monitor the ink levels in your cartridge so the printer can notify you when a cartridge is running low. If you are getting an error message on your printer, it might be due to dust or fingerprint oil getting on the chip. Try wiping the chip gently with a lint-free cloth and installing the cartridge again.
Articles in this section
- How to install an Epson 786 ink cartridge
- How to install an Epson 676 ink cartridge
- How to install an Epson 277 ink cartridge
- How to clear a non-genuine message on your Epson printer
- How do I turn off HP firmware updates?
- How to turn off Canon firmware updates
- How to turn off Brother firmware updates
- How do I contact customer service?
- Will I get the same print quality with compatible cartridges?
- How much can I save with compatible cartridges?