The Epson® Workforce Pro WF-4720 is designed for small business users, offering high quality full color prints and fast print speeds at a great value. In this short guide, we’ll give a brief overview of the printer, review cartridge specs and cover installation steps. Let's get started!
Printer and Cartridge Specs
The Workforce Pro 4720 features easy to use print, copy, scan and fax features. Designed for 5-10 users, the machine is wireless ready, making printing from anywhere quick and convenient. Epson 802 ink cartridges are available in both a standard yield and high yield, or XL cartridge size. Frequent printers are better off choosing the high yield cartridge option, as it offers more ink at a better value. The cartridges are sold in black, cyan, magenta and yellow. Each color contains pigment-based ink and can be replaced as need. Cartridge replacement can get expensive. If you are looking to save money, consider buying LD Products brand compatible Epson 802XL ink cartridges. We offer a compatible black 802 standard yield cartridge for $15.99 and high yield versions of the color cartridges for $15.99 a piece! A high yield option for the black cartridge will be available soon.
Replacing an Epson 802 Ink Cartridge in Your Workforce Pro WF-4720
Before you replace, confirm which cartridge is running low! Select the “home” button on your printer’s display. You’ll notice there is a small exclamation point covering the ink drop symbol on the home display screen. This is an indicator that one of your cartridges is running low. Touch the ink droplet to view the supply status of the cartridges, in our example we will be replacing the cyan cartridge.
- Start the replacement process by selecting “Maintenance”>”Ink cartridge replacement”>”Next”> and “Start”.
- Carefully lift up the entire scanner unit and wait for the carriage to center. You can take out the cartridge you need to replace by gently squeezing the tab and lifting up and out from the printer.
- Open up your brand new cyan cartridge. I like to prep new cartridges over a trashcan because sometimes a little bit of ink can escape when I am unwrapping them. The first thing you will want to remove the orange tape on the bottom of the cartridge. Gently pull on the tape to remove, this will expose the vent hole on the cartridge so it can work properly in your machine. Be sure to avoid touching the gold contact chip when handling the new cartridge. This chip is very sensitive and it may not read properly if residue or fingerprint oil gets on those contact points.
- Install the cyan cartridge. The “C” on the cartridge should line up with the “C” in the machine. When we tried installing this cartridge, we noticed that the cartridge fit seemed a bit snug. This is normal, the cartridge should fit as expected, just line it up in the slot and gently press on it so that it clicks in place.
- Close up the top cover and we are ready to start printing.
We hope you've found this cartridge installation guide for your WF-4720 useful. If you have any questions about the installation process or about the Workforce WF-4720, let us know, we'd be happy to help!