Printing with your android phone is easy with the right printing app. In this quick guide, we will review the top free printing apps in the Google® Play store and provide easy installation instructions for each one, let’s begin!
Setting up your phone for Google Cloud Print takes a little bit of work. First, you need have a Gmail account. To print, you will need to have the Google Chrome web browser installed on your phone. Both of these must-haves are free to use and if you are a Google fan, you likely use both of them regularly anyways. The instructions here are for a Brother MFC printer, but the set up should be similar no matter what printer you own. If you have a question about set up, consult the Google cloud print help page.
You will need to have a Google account in order to use Google Cloud Print. You can create a free Google account and Gmail address here.
- Make sure your Brother printer and Android phone are connected to the same wireless network
- Download the Google chrome web browser for your phone.
- Sign into Google chrome using your Google account credentials
- Under the “settings” menu select “show advanced settings”
- Scroll down to “Google Cloud Print” and select “manage”
- Select the printer you would like to print with by clicking “register.”
- Confirm your Google Cloud Print registration on your printer’s display screen and start printing.
HP’s ePrint app lets users can quickly print documents, photos, web pages and emails directly from their smartphone in just a couple of taps. You can also troubleshoot printer issues, view ink levels and adjust printer settings. A list of HP printers that are compatible with the HP ePrint app can be found here.
Download the HP ePrint app for Android here.
- Make sure your HP printer and Android phone are connected to the same wireless network
- Install the HP Print service plugin from the Google Play store.
- Enable the plugin from the printer settings menu on your smartphone
- Open the file you want to print, touch the menu icon that looks like three dots in a row, and tap print.
- Select the printer you would like to use and tap “Print.”
Canon’s Print app lets you print documents and photos from almost anywhere. You can also adjust print settings or print up to 20 pages at once all from the comfort of your smartphone. Password protect essential files with app’s built in security features or store print data in your printer for future use. A list of Canon printers that are compatible with the Canon Print app can be found here.
- Make sure your Canon printer and Android phone are connected to the same wireless network
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi light on the printer is blinking
- Install the Canon Print app from the Google Play store.
- Open the app. Your printer should appear at the top of the screen.
- You are all set, now you can start printing.
Epson’s iPrint app lets you print, scan and share documents and photos from your phone, including email attachments and files from DropBox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. Photo editing is straightforward with the app’s built-in editing software, allowing for easy adjustment of any picture. A list of Epson printers that are compatible with the Canon Print app can be found here.
Download the Epson iPrint app for Android here.
- Make sure your Epson printer and Android phone are connected to the same wireless network
- Install the Epson iPrint app from the Google Play store.
- Open Epson iPrint and select your printer
- Tap the “share” icon, select “Epson iPrint” and start printing.
Questions about Epson iPrint? Visit their FAQ page for Android here.
Brother’s iPrint&Scan app makes it easy to print and scan your essential files and favorite photos. The app’s scan and save feature lets you print directly from DropBox, Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive. Printing different media types like card stock or photo paper is a breeze; just select the paper type, media size and send to the printer.
- Make sure your Brother printer and iPhone are connected to the same wireless network
- Install the Brother iPrint&Scan app from the app store
- Press the settings icon on your printer’s display
- Select “all settings” and then press the down arrow to select “network.”
- Press “Wi-Fi direct,” then select “Manual” and “On” to turn on Wi-Fi direct
- Your printer’s network name and password will display on the screen
- Open your phone’s wireless settings and select the network connection that is affiliated with your Brother printer.
- Type in the network password to connect your iPhone to the wireless network.
Questions about Brother iPrint&Scan? Visit their FAQ page for Android here.