The HP® OfficeJet Pro® is a newer model all-in-one printer that is wireless ready and easy to setup. Four HP 952 set up cartridges in black, cyan, magenta and yellow are included with the printer. Starter cartridges contain a limited amount of ink so frequent printers will likely need to order a replacement set of ink relatively quickly. Luckily, each cartridge can be replaced as needed, which should help space out replacement costs over time. In this article, we will cover the installation steps of the magenta cartridge. For a quick demonstration, check out our video below. Continue reading for step-by-step instructions.
HP offers the cartridge series in a standard yield and high yield size. The 952XL high yield cartridges are a better bet for those that print regularly due to their higher ink capacity. A standard black cartridge, for example, prints 1,000 pages and the high yield option prints 2,000 pages. The standard color HP 952 cartridges yield up to 700 pages. Each high yield color HP 952XL yield up to 1,600 pages. For a detailed look at the compatible list of printers, see our list below:
How to Check the Ink Levels
Your printer will inform you on the display screen when a cartridge needs to be replaced. If you want to double check your ink levels or see if other cartridges are also running low, you can pull up the “Estimated Cartridge Levels” menu on the display.
1. To get there, first, touch the small wheel in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll to “Cartridge Information,” then select “Estimated Cartridge Levels.” This will pull up a display showing you the estimated cartridge ink levels.
Installing a New HP 952 Magenta Cartridge
1. Open up the front of the printer by pulling the latch on the left hand side.
2. Wait for the cartridges to center. Press the magenta cartridge with your fingertip to remove it. Once it is loose, gently pull it out of its slot.
3. Open up the new cartridge and remove the plastic wrap the cartridge came in. Once it is unwrapped, you can immediately install the magenta cartridge.
4. Slide the cartridge into the slot with your fingertip and let it click into place.
5. Close up the printer door.
6. The printer will display a “Genuine Cartridge Installed” message if you installed an original HP cartridge. Now you are ready to print!
If you are looking to cut down your printing expenses, check out LD brand compatible high yield HP 952XL cartridges. The LD brand black compatible 952XL cartridge sells for just $14.99* and compatible 952XL color cartridges are priced at $13.99 apiece. We also offer a bundle set of 4 compatible cartridges for $54.96 and a 9 pack for $119.99!
*Savings based on price comparison between remanufactured/compatible cartridge prices and printer brand (OEM) cartridge prices effective as of August 25, 2017 on www.LDProducts.com. OEM names are registered trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated with, and do not endorse LD Products.