First, check the print speed setting of your printer. If you have it set to draft mode, it’s going to give you a lighter, less defined print. For an easy fix, shift your print settings to a regular print mode. If you have a laser printer and you’ve recently swapped out your toner cartridge, it’s possible that the toner in the cartridge has settled and needs to be distributed evenly. Remove the cartridge and shake it side to side to evenly distribute the toner and try again. Using an inkjet? A clogged printhead may be the culprit. How you clean your printhead will depend on the manufacturer of your cartridge, but in most cases you can usually fix it by running the print cleaning function on your machine. Check your printer’s user guide for specifics!
Articles in this section
- How do I replace the drum in my Brother® HL-L2380DW printer?
- How do I replace the drum in my Brother® MFC-7360N printer?
- How do I replace the drum in my Brother® HL-2270DW printer?
- How do I replace the drum in my Brother® MFC-L2740DW printer?
- How do I replace the drum in my Brother® DCP-7065DN printer?
- Do I need to remove any tape from a new cartridge?
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?