If your HP 950 or 951 ink cartridges are not recognizing in your machine, the printer might be having trouble reading the gold contact chip that is located on the end of the cartridge. Sometimes residue or finger print oil can get on this contact point and cause an error in the printer. To resolve this, grab a lint free cloth or Q-tip and gently wipe the contact point. Then, put the cartridge into the printer, power it down, unplug it for 10-15 seconds, plug it back in and start it back up. This will reset the printer and will likely get the cartridge to read in the printer as expected.
Articles in this section
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?
- Printhead Cleaning Tips for an Inkjet Printer
- How can I unclog a printhead?
- How can I get dried ink out of my inkjet print head so I can continue to print?
- Why is the toner not working in my machine?
- Why is my color cartridge not printing in color?
- Why am I getting an error message when I install my new cartridge?