If your Epson 273 or 273XL ink cartridges are not reading in your machine, first double check to make sure the cartridge is installed into the correct color slot. The cartridge will not read properly if the black cartridge is installed in a cyan slot, and vice versa. If you still have trouble, try removing the cartridge and gently cleaning the gold contact point on the end of the cartridge with a Q-tip or lint free cloth. Sometimes residue can get on the contact chip and cause an error in the machine. With the cartridge still out of the machine, try resetting the printer by powering the printer off, unplugging it for 10-15 seconds, plugging it back in and reinserting the cartridge. This is called a hard reset and it typically resolves most Epson recognition problems.
Articles in this section
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Printhead Cleaning Tips for an Inkjet Printer
- How can I get dried ink out of my inkjet print head so I can continue to print?
- Why am I getting an error message when I install my new cartridge?
- Why does it say my cartridge is empty when I install it?
- How can I fix my laser printer’s streaking issue?
- How do I fix a "replace drum" message on my Brother laser printer?