If your Epson 273 or 273XL ink cartridges are not reading in your machine, first double check to make sure the cartridge is installed into the correct color slot. The cartridge will not read properly if the black cartridge is installed in a cyan slot, and vice versa. If you still have trouble, try removing the cartridge and gently cleaning the gold contact point on the end of the cartridge with a Q-tip or lint free cloth. Sometimes residue can get on the contact chip and cause an error in the machine. With the cartridge still out of the machine, try resetting the printer by powering the printer off, unplugging it for 10-15 seconds, plugging it back in and reinserting the cartridge. This is called a hard reset and it typically resolves most Epson recognition problems.
Articles in this section
- Do I need to remove any tape from a new cartridge?
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- What's the difference between black ink and photo black ink?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger/smaller/different than the OEM?
- Why is my cartridge printing blank pages?
- Why is my cartridge not clicking into the cartridge slot?
- Printhead Cleaning Tips for an Inkjet Printer
- How can I unclog a printhead?
- How do I reset the page counter on a Brother printer?